The Annual Texas Hold’ Em Tournament was recently held at the Shimon and Sara Birnbaum JCC in Bridgewater. Community members from the tri-state area came to compete and support the JCC Special Needs department. Through the support of the community, the event raised more than $14,000 for JCC Special Needs programs.
The JCC offers a variety of special needs programs including:
- The JZone Respite Program for elementary age children ages 5-16
- JCares Adult Internship Program
- JConnect Social Programs for Adults
- JSquad Teen Social Club
- Adaptive Aquatics Skills Program
- The Rising Tide Special Olympics Swim Team
In addition, the JCC Blaustein Early Childhood Center, JCC Camp Ruach and J-Crew After School Program work with families with children with special needs. The JCC offers adjusted schedules and one-on-one assistance.
For additional information, please contact Ellie Willoughby, JCC Special Services Director, at 908-443-9029; EWilloughby@ssbjcc.org.