J Cares STAFF MEMBERS ARE TRAINED IN:
• CPR / First Aid
• All required DDD specialized training
All of our staff must complete a background check, fingerprinting, drug testing and all DDD mandatory training before they are allowed to work in the program.
THE INTERNS PARTICIPATE IN AN ARRAY OF SOCIAL AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Cooking, baking, swimming, exercising, yoga, arts and crafts, activities of daily living (ADL’s), music therapy, art therapy, sign language, current events, computer skills, games, puzzles and more. In the summer, interns participate in recreational activities at JCC Camp Ruach, the JCC’s summer day camp.
THE INTERNS WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO ASSIST WITH PROGRAMS WITHIN THE JCC:
• Assisting with cooking, serving and having lunch with visiting senior citizens participating in monthly program.
• Participating in the weekly process of cooking and serving lunch to preschoolers attending the Blaustein Early Childhood
• Helping as teachers’ aides in the Blaustein Early Childhood Center.
• Assisting in the front office with mailing and clerical projects.
• Assisting in the fitness center with greeting and checking in members, and making smoothies.
Occasional overnight trips are planned throughout the year. In-take required for each trip.