The Birnbaum JCC is committed to the inclusion of the entire Jewish community. Our Kashruth Policy is designed to be respectful of the rules of Kashruth within the context and limitations of our local community. Our policy is to adhere to the following guidelines.
• Food served at all SSBJCC programs and meetings on site, shall be either dairy, meat (kosher) or parve (containing neither meat nor dairy).
• Food served at all SSBJCC programs and meetings off-site shall be either dairy, meat or parve.
• Outside caterers providing food for programs at SSBJCC will either serve dairy, meat (kosher) or parve and must be pre-approved from JCC staff.
• Events held on our campus, but outside, may have both meat and dairy vendors available and is then up to the individual to choose.
• Pork or shellfish products are prohibited.
• As a courtesy to the wide variety of Jewish practices, members and guests can bring food into the JCC for their own consumption, excluding shellfish and pork products and the mixing of meat and dairy.