CLOSING FOR YOM KIPPUR! The JCC will be closing at 3PM, Tuesday, September 18 for Yom Kippur. We will re-open Thursday, September 20 at 5:45AM.
MONDAY – THURSDAY 5:45 AM – 10:00 PM (Fitness Center & Indoor Pool close at 9:45 PM)
FRIDAY 5:45 AM- 6:00 PM (Fitness Center & Indoor Pool close at 5:45 PM)
SATURDAY 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
SUNDAY 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Welcome Center Hours
MONDAY – THURSDAY 8:30 AM – 9:00 PM
FRIDAY 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
SATURDAY 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
SUNDAY 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Holidays Hours & Closings
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 The JCC will be closed in observance of Labor Day. The Summer Swim Club will be open to Star and Swim Club Members.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 The JCC will close at 3:00 PM in observance of Erev Rosh Hashanah.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 & TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 The JCC will be closed in observance of Rosh Hashanah.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 The JCC will close at 3:00 PM in observance of Kol Nidre.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19 The JCC will be closed in observance of Yom Kippur.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 22 The JCC will be closed in observance of Thanksgiving.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 24 and TUESDAY, DECEMBER 25 The JCC will close at 5:00 PM.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 31 The JCC will close at 4:00 PM
TUESDAY, JANUARY 1 The JCC will be closed in observance of New Year’s Day.
JCC Swim Club Hours
MONDAY – FRIDAY 1:00 PM – 8:30 PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY 11:00 AM – 8:30 PM
OPEN DAILY: June 23rd through Labor Day, Monday, September 3rd
MONDAY – FRIDAY (June 18 – 22) 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY (May 26 – 28 and June 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17) 11:00 AM – 8:30 PM
Beginning 8/1 the Swim Club closes at 7:30 PM (Sunday – Saturday)
Code of Conduct
All participants should recognize that the Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center is dedicated to the welfare of all participants. In order to maintain a comfortable and safe environment, the management of the JCC asks that all of the participants at this facility:
• Refrain from the use of foul language, abusive actions or inappropriate behavior. • Recognize that sportsmanlike conduct, fair play and a cooperative attitude govern behavior at all times. • The J reserves the right to suspend membership privileges, without refund, of any member who: • Aids in the unauthorized entrance of non-members. • Becomes physically or verbally abusive to other members or staff. • Disregards posted rules and regulations.
• Children ages 12 and older who are JCC members may enjoy the pool or gymnasium without direct adult supervision WHILE A PARENT IS IN THE BUILDING. • All children under age 12 must be directly supervised by an adult (18 or older). • You must be 13 and older to use the Fitness Center. • Teens under 18 years must have parents sign a waiver & consent form in order to use the Fitness Center. • Teens 13-15 must be accompanied by a parent in order to use the Fitness Center. • Children 10 or younger must pass a swim test in order to swim in the deep end of the pool. • Children wearing bubbles or belts are not permitted in the deep end of the pool. • Lap lanes are available for swimmers who are AGE 10 OR OLDER.
The Birnbaum JCC is committed to the inclusion of the entire Jewish community. Our Kashruth Policy is designed to be respectful of the rules of Kashruth within the context and limitations of our local community. Our policy is to adhere to the following guidelines.
• Food served at all SSBJCC programs and meetings on site, shall be either dairy, meat (kosher) or parve (containing neither meat nor dairy). • Food served at all SSBJCC programs and meetings off-site shall be either dairy, meat or parve. • Outside caterers providing food for programs at SSBJCC will either serve dairy, meat (kosher) or parve and must be pre-approved from JCC staff. • Events held on our campus, but outside, may have both meat and dairy vendors available and is then up to the individual to choose. • Pork or shellfish products are prohibited. • As a courtesy to the wide variety of Jewish practices, members and guests can bring food into the JCC for their own consumption, excluding shellfish and pork products and the mixing of meat and dairy.
Pool & Locker Room Policies
For everyone’s health and safety, and to maintain the cleanliness of the pools and deck areas, please remember the following when entering the Aquatics facility:
JCC Pool Policy
• Any person showing evidence of skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharges or any communicable disease shall be refused admission. • Persons with excessive sunburn, open blisters cuts or bandages shall be refused admission. • No dogs, except Seeing Eye dogs or other animals, shall be allowed in the pool, spa area, dressing rooms, or other parts of the enclosure. • No food or drink permitted in the pool area. This includes gum chewing. • All persons shall shower before entering the water. • Expectoration, roughness, rowdiness or other conduct affecting the safety and comfort of others shall not be permitted. • Indoor bathing shall be prohibited during an electrical storm. The pool will reopen 30 minutes after the storm. • Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be prohibited from entering the water. • No smoking is permitted in the pool area. • Swimmers must obey the lifeguards’ instructions. • No diving is permitted unless under direct supervision.
• Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers under their bathing suit. Disposable diapers are not allowed in the pool. • Adult supervision is required in the water for all non-swimmers. • Toys and floating devices permitted at the discretion of the Aquatic staff to ensure a safe environment. Equipment for general member use (bubbles, barbells, kickboards, noodles) is located outside of the Aquatics office. • Running in the pool area is prohibited. • Lap lanes are for lap swimming only. • Children AGE 10 OR OLDER are welcome to use lanes for swimming, provided they can keep the pace of the lane and are swimming laps. • Proper swim attire is required. • All hair shoulder length or longer must be tied back or a swim cap must be worn. • The JCC is not responsible for the loss or theft of any personal belongings. • During fire alarms all persons must exit the building, no one is allowed back into locker rooms.
JCC Locker Room Policy
• Children up to 3 years of age are allowed in the main locker room with either parent. • Children 3-13 years of age are allowed in the main locker rooms under the supervision of the same sex parent. • Children ages 3-13 unaccompanied by a parent, and children on teams and under the age of 18, should use the auxiliary locker rooms. • The Family Changing Room on the pool deck is available for parents who wish to change with their children. •EATING IS PROHIBITED IN LOCKER ROOMS. PLEASE HELP US KEEP OUR LOCKER ROOMS CLEAN!
The JCC is not responsible for lost or stolen articles in the Locker Rooms, Fitness Center, Gym, Pool, etc. Use the “Valuable Lockers” right outside the Fitness Center Door to ensure the safety of small personal items. For larger personal items, please bring a ‘lock’ to secure your belonging in Locker Rooms. Locks must be removed after each use to allow other members to use the lockers, except for Patrons and Benefactors with “ Reserved” Lockers.
Shimon and Sara Birnbaum JCC 775 Talamini Road Bridgewater, NJ 08807