Dear JCC Members,
We are thrilled and excited to share with you that on Tuesday, September 1, our JCC will add indoor fitness workouts to our outdoor and virtual offerings. We’re so pleased to provide all of these alternatives – including lap/recreational swim in our Open Air Pool (by reservation). The areas that we are reopening on September 1 include the Fitness Center (weight room) and the Cardio Theatre. Group Fitness classes will continue to be held outdoors.
We will be limiting the number of people allowed to 25% capacity, according to the NJ State Department of Health issued mandate. The JCC continues to comply or exceed all safety and health protocols required by the State Department of Health.
Your JCC Membership must be active in order to utilize the Fitness Center and Cardio Theatre, Open Air Pool, Outdoor Group Fitness Classes, Tennis and Basketball Courts. All visits to our fitness facilities will be by reservation only utilizing Sign-up Genius.
“Frozen” members, it’s time to warm up! To unfreeze or reinstate your membership and get back to your Fitness routine, contact JCC Membership Director Sarah Pollak: email@example.com; 908-443-9015.
Reserve your spot:
We have implemented a number of things around the building to insure your safety, including temperature checks, frequent cleanings utilizing CDC and Health Department recommended cleaning supplies, and placing hand sanitizer throughout the Center. In addition, we have made improvements to our HVAC systems. We have installed MERV 13 filters in our HVAC systems. MERV, otherwise known as Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value, is a system used to evaluate the efficiency of an air filter based on how effective it is at catching particles of varying sizes. MERV ratings are determined by a filter’s effectiveness at filtering particles of different sizes. Each filter goes through six tests per particle size (72 tests total) to determine its MERV rating.
Please review the important information below.
This is all new “terrain” for all of us, and we thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
JCC Facility Hours:
- September 1 – 3: 7 AM – 7 PM
- September 4 – 6: 7 AM – 6 PM
- September 7 Labor Day: JCC Indoor Facility including Open Air Pool is CLOSED.
- September 8 – 10: 6 AM – 8 PM
- September 11: 6 AM – 6 PM
We thank you for adhering to all guidelines we are creating to provide you with a safe and enjoyable work out experience.
- All visits to our indoor fitness facilities will be by reservation only, utilizing Sign-up Genius. This is so we do not exceed the 25% capacity. (Link will be posted on our website. The link will be active on Wednesdays at 12 Noon for the following Monday-through-Sunday week. (For the week beginning Tuesday, September 1, the link will be active on Monday, August 31 at 12 Noon.
- The Link will be posted on the JCC Home Page underneath the “Quick Links” section and at the bottom of this letter.
- Members will enter through the front of the building. They will swipe their JCC Membership card/key tag, have their temperature taken, and pick up their Fitness Center and/or Cardio Theatre “pass” for that individual visit. Members must wait outside the Fitness Center to allow our staff to clean all equipment from the previous shift.
- Members must wait outside the Fitness Center to allow our staff to clean all equipment from the previous shift.
- Staff and Members must wear face coverings at all times. This includes during indoor personal training, cardio sessions and weight workouts.
- Six feet of social distancing must be maintained during member’s reserved time.
- A member may sign up for one session in the Fitness Center and one session in the Cardio Theatre per day. Signups will be for 45 minutes and will begin at the top of the hour. Those waiting to start their allotted time must wait outside the Fitness Center to allow staff to clean all equipment and the rooms from the previous shift. The Fitness Center and Cardio Theatre will be closed from 1:00 – 2:00 PM to allow our staff to perform a deep clean.
- Once their reserved time is over, member must leave the Fitness Center/Cardio Theater in a timely manner, allowing staff to clean for the next grouping. Those in the Cardio Theatre will exit through the Cardio Theatre door.
- If a member would like to extend their workout, they may continue into the next scheduled session at the top of the hour, providing there is availability at the end of the shift (confirmed by Fitness Center staff). The member must leave the fitness area until “shift cleaning” — including wipe down and mopping – is complete: estimated time is 15 minutes. (Registration in Sign Up Genius will be required at that time. Fitness Center staff will be happy to assist.)
- Please be courteous of your fellow members and cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend your reserved workout. Cancel directly in Sign Up Genius, or call the JCC Welcome Center at 908-443-9018 and we will be happy to assist you.
- Members must bring their own towels and mats. We suggest you bring your own water bottle, but drinks will be available for purchase at the Energy Bar.
- Members will be expected to clean all equipment they use.
- All Outdoor Group Fitness classes will continue weather permitting. Effective September 8, all Outdoor Fitness Class participants will be required to check in at the Welcome Center and receive a pass for their class. You may then proceed to your scheduled class.
- Locker Rooms are open for changing, and we request members refrain from using the showers if possible. The Sauna and Steam Room are closed until further notice, as mandated by the NJ State Department of Health. Lockers in the pass-through area connecting the Fitness Center and Cardio Theatre will also be open.
Reserve your spot:
If you have any questions, please call the JCC Welcome Center at 908-443-9018.
Stay healthy and safe, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Geoff Feinstein, JCC President
Laura Friedman, Executive Director