- Contact the JCC
- Holiday Hours and Closings
- Code of Conduct
- Youth Policies
- Fitness Center Policy
- Locker Room Policy
- Kashruth Policy
- Shimon and Sara Birnbaum JCC
775 Talamini Rd, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Phone: 908-725-6994 • Fax: 908-725-9753 • General Email: email@example.com
Complete Staff Listing
- Monday - Thursday 5:45 AM - 10:00 PM
(Fitness Center & Indoor Pool close at 9:45 PM)
- Friday 5:45 AM- 6:00 PM
(Fitness Center & Indoor Pool close at 5:45 PM)
- Saturday 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
(Fitness Center & Indoor Pool close at 6:00 PM)
- Sunday 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
(Fitness Center & Indoor Pool close at 8:45 PM)
Welcome Center Hours
- Monday -Thursday 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM
- Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Friday, March 30 — JCC 3pm closes in observance of the first night of Passover.
- Saturday, March — 31 Closed for Passover
- Sunday, April 1 — Closed for Passover
Passover is one of the most widely celebrated Jewish holidays and commemorates the biblical story of Exodus, when Hebrew slaves were released from bondage in Egypt. Called “Pesach” (pay-sak) in Hebrew, Passover is a celebration of freedom
All participants should recognize that the Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center is dedicated to the welfare of all participants. In order to maintain a comfortable and safe environment, the management of the JCC asks that all of the participants at this facility:
- Refrain from the use of foul language, abusive actions or inappropriate behavior.
- Recognize that sportsmanlike conduct, fair play and a cooperative attitude govern behavior at all times.
- The J reserves the right to suspend membership privileges, without refund, of any member who:
- Aids in the unauthorized entrance of non-members.
- Becomes physically or verbally abusive to other members or staff.
- Disregards posted rules and regulations.
- Children ages 12 and older who are JCC members may enjoy the pool or gymnasium without direct adult supervision WHILE A PARENT IS IN THE BUILDING.
- All children under age 12 must be directly supervised by an adult (18 or older).
- You must be 13 and older to use the Fitness Center.
- Teens under 18 years must have parents sign a waiver & consent form in order to use the Fitness Center.
- Teens 13-15 must be accompanied by a parent in order to use the Fitness Center.
- Children 10 or younger must pass a swim test in order to swim in the deep end of the pool.
- Children wearing bubbles or belts are not permitted in the deep end of the pool.
- Lap lanes are available for swimmers who are AGE 10 OR OLDER.
- You MUST present your membership I.D. badge to fitness floor staff for entrance into thefitness center. PLEASE HELP US..HELP YOU BETTER...
- The Informed Consent and Liability Waiver Agreement must be read, signed and returned to JCC Fitness Staff prior to using any aspect of the JCC Fitness Center.
- Prior to using ANY Fitness equipment, please arrange a free complimentary appointment with a fitness staff member for a FREE orientation. This can be arranged by calling the Fitness Director, Joy, on x 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members 13 to 15 years old must be accompanied by a parent in the fitness center at all times and must have a parent sign the Informed Consent and Liability Waiver Agreement for the minor. However, if the 13-15year old would like to workout in our Fitness Center unaccompanied by an adult, they may take a 3-Hour Jr. Weight Training Clinic, which allows them this privilege. Cost for this Clinic is $75 and is performed in three consecutive days by one of the Certified JCC Trainers. Call x 226 to make an appointment if interested. Members 16-18 years are permitted to use the fitness center without adult supervision.
- No children under the age of 13 years are permitted in the Fitness Room. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! PLEASE! All personal belonging and gym bags are not allowed in the Fitness Center. Placement of coats and bags on the floor of the fitness center creates a serious tripping hazard forour members. Lockers are provided in the lockers rooms. Small items key lockers are available outside the fitness center for a fee of 25 cents. The JCC is not responsible for the loss or theft of any personal belongings.
- Proper exercise or athletic attire is required, i.e. sneakers must be worn to work out in the fitness center. No Sandles, Flip flops, or open toe shoes are permitted when working out. Shirts, tanks, and other sport tops must be worn and may not be removed during exercise.
- Teen Members are not allowed to bring a guests to the Fitness Center.
- Please return all weights to their proper location after use.
- Please wipe off the equipment after use. Disinfectant and paper towels are provided.
- During posted peak hours, there is a 30-minute time limit on all cardio equipment. There are signup sheets for all cardio equipment in the fitness center, and members may sign up for one 30-minute period on one piece of Cardio Equipment during the hours of 6am-10am, and 5-7pm. Please be considerate.
- The Fitness Staff regulates music selection, volume and television stations. ABSOLUTELY NO NON STAFF MEMBER IS ALLOWED IN THE FITNESS DIRECTOR AND SPORTS DIRECTOR'S OFFICE.
- 12. No food, cups, cans or glass bottles will be allowed in the fitness center. Water Bottles only.
- The clock in the Fitness Center is the official time.
- Cell phones are prohibited in the fitness center. If for emergency reasons you need to keep a cellphone with you, be considerate and place ring tone on vibrate. Take all phone calls to the lobby or hallway.
- There is ABSOLUTELY NO EATING ALLOWED IN FITNESS CENTER AND LOCKER ROOMS.
- If you are interested in Personal Training, please speak to Joy McIntyre about fee structure and packages, or visit our fitness webpage.
- Children up to 3 years of age are allowed in the main locker room with either parent.
- Children 3-13 years of age are allowed in the main locker rooms under the supervision of the same sex parent.
- Children ages 3-13 unaccompanied by a parent, and children on teams and under the age of 18, should use the auxiliary locker rooms.
- The Family Changing Room on the pool deck is available for parents who wish to change with their children.
- EATING IS PROHIBITED IN LOCKER ROOMS. PLEASE HELP US KEEP OUR LOCKER ROOMS CLEAN!
- Valuables: The JCC is not responsible for lost or stolen articles in the Locker Rooms, Fitness Center, Gym, Pool, etc. Use the “Valuable Lockers” right outside the Fitness Center Door to ensure the safety of small personal items. For Larger personal items, please bring a ‘lock’ to secure your belonging in Locker Rooms. Locks must be removed after each use to allow other members to use the lockers, except for Patrons and Benefactors with “ Reserved” Lockers.
The Birnbaum JCC is committed to inclusion of the entire Jewish community. Our Kashruth Policy is designed to be respectful of the rules of Kashruth within the context and limitations of our local community. Our policy is to adhere to the following guidelines.
- Food served at all SSBJCC programs and meetings on site, shall be either dairy, meat (kosher) or parve (containing neither meat nor dairy).
- Food served at all SSBJCC programs and meetings off site, shall be either dairy, meat or parve.
- Outside caterers providing food for programs at SSBJCC will either serve dairy, meat (kosher) or parve and must be pre-approved from JCC staff.
- Events held on our campus, but outside, may have both meat and dairy vendors available and is then up to the individual to choose.
- Pork or shellfish products are prohibited.
- As a courtesy to the wide variety of Jewish practices, members and guests can bring food into the JCC for their own consumption, excluding shellfish and pork products and the mixing of meat and dairy.