J CARES is the new Adult Intern Program that provides social and recreational opportunities to adults with Special Needs, autism and developmental disabilities
Our objective is to provide meaningful structured programming that promotes a feeling of independence and value.
The interns will be supported/mentored by trained staff and will participate in an array of social and recreational activities, including but not limited to cooking, swimming, exercising, yoga, arts and crafts, activities of daily living (ADL’s), music therapy, current events, computer skills, games, puzzles and much more.
The interns will also have many opportunities to assist with a variety of the programs within the JCC, such as
- assisting every Wednesday with cooking, serving and having lunch with the visiting senior citizens;
- participating in the weekly process of cooking and serving lunch to the preschoolers that attend the Early Childhood Center;
- helping as teachers’ aides in the Early Childhood Center
- assisting in the front office with various mailing and clerical projects.
The J CARES staff members are trained in
- CPR/First Aid
- all required DDD specialized trainings
All of our staff must complete a background check, finger printing and all trainings before they are allowed to work in the program.
Why J CARES? Because having a family member with Special Needs can be challenging, finding a Day Program should not be. J CARES Day Services is designed to provide a creative, fun and exciting day for adults with Special Needs. Our model is designed as an intern program with Mentors, where the intern’s day is created from their individual interest and abilities, as opposed to a traditional Day Program with large groups and staff oversight.
J Cares is an approved agency for the Supports Program Services.