Group Fitness Class Descriptions
NEW - Les Mills SPRINT is a 30-minute High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout, using an indoor bike to achieve fast results. It’s a short, intense style of training where the thrill and motivation comes from pushing your physical and mental limits. A high intensity, low impact workout, it's scientifically proven to return rapid results. The 30 minutes you put into a LES MILLS SPRINT workout drives your body to burn calories for hours. You combine bursts of intensity, where you work as hard as possible, with periods of rest that prepare you for the next effort. The payoff? You smash your fitness goals, fast.
Benefits of LesMills SPRINT
- Maximum performance, minimum time
- Build lean muscle and train your body to burn fat
- Burn calories for hours after your workout
- Push your mental and physical limits
- Short and intense – all done in 30 minutes
JUST GETTING STARTED?
You don’t need to be a cyclist but you do need some level of fitness for LES MILLS SPRINT. Dial it back in your first few sessions to get a feel for what it’s about. If you’re finding things tough it’s fine to slow down, reduce the load or sit up and rest. We recommend two HIIT workouts a week as part of a balanced training plan.
NEW - Les Mills GRIT is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout designed with short rounds of high-intensity exercise followed by periods of strategic recovery. The secret to ultimate results is not adding more workouts to your routine, but increasing their intensity. We recommend two HITT workouts a week as part of a balanced training plan.
Benefits of LesMills GRIT
- Grow lean muscle tissue
- Burn calories for hours after you work out
- Get fit fast - 30 minutes is all it takes
- Increase aerobic fitness
- LES MILLS GRIT Strength
Uses barbells, plates and bodyweight exercises to make you strong, toned and unbelievably fit.
- LES MILLS GRIT Plyo
Explosive agility training to build a lean and athletic body.
- LES MILLS GRIT Cardio
Bodyweight exercises with a focus on speed and intensity to rapidly burn fat and improve your cardiovascular fitness.
Les Mills Classes
- BodyPump - A 55-Minute toning and conditioning class with weights for every fitness level from beginners to Experts. Great Music, Great Choreography, Great Fun. Selective time slots are FREE to Basic Members.
- BodyVive - A 55-Minute Low Impact, whole body group fitness workout that is really three workouts in one; Cardio, Strength, and core training! “Vive” is ideal for those new to group fitness, those returning to exercise or rehabilitating after an injury. Pre and post natal mothers, and active adults who want the benefits of improved cardio fitness, strength and flexibility. But don’t let this deter our athletes from taking a class. The awesome thing about “Vive’ is the many fitness level options a participant can choose from.
- Silver Vive - A 45 minute Modified Version of BodyVive for our Active Adults and those brand new to the group fitness world. Lower cardio intensity options and no core floor work are the only difference between SilverVive and our regular BodyVive Group Fitness classes.
- BodyCombat - a 45 or 55 minute empowering group fitness cardio workout where you are totally unleashed. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by mixed martial arts and draws from a side array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay Tai. During the ultimate warrior workout you’ll strike punch kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness. It is not recommend for those just starting out in fitness. This class is for intermediate to advance fitness level warriors.
LesMills CX Worx - Looking for a short, sharp workout that’ll inspire you to the next level of fitness, while strengthening and toning your body? CXWORX™ really hones in on the torso and sling muscles that connect your upper body to your lower body. It’s ideal for tightening your tummy and butt, while also improving functional strength and assisting in injury prevention.
- Les Mills GRIT is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout designed with short rounds of high-intensity exercise followed by periods of strategic recovery. The secret to ultimate results is not adding more workouts to your routine, but increasing their intensity. We recommend two HITT workouts a week as part of a balanced training plan.
Les Mills SPRINT- Coming Spring 2017! This 30 minute class is a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) class. Fast paced, participants are pushed to their limits as they move through Sprints, Power and strength training – set to the beat of awesome music. SPRINT increases your lean muscle mass by improving muscle strength and endurance. It tones muscles, changes your body shape, increases you metabolism, and makes you stronger. Pregnant women are generally advised to reduce their exercise intensity. Therefore HIIT training is considered be contraindicated during pregnancy. A clearance should be obtained following pregnancy before undertaking any type of HIIT Training.
- Zumba - One hour of fun fitness, while you move and grove to burn mega calories. Zumba is a class for all fitness and intensity levels. No Experience Required.
- Zumba Toning - One hour Latin Dance while using one or three pound maracas to aid in the toning effect of all the muscles of the body. All Fitness Levels and ages Welcome!
- Zumba Core - A 45 minute Core Focused group fitness class performed to our Zumba Latin Beat! All Fitness Levels and Ages Welcome.
- Zumba Gold - A 45 minute modified Zumba class for our active adults. The music is a bit slower, but the dancing is still Challenging and fun! Special Rate for Active Adults (Senior Pricing see front desk for more details.)
- BollyWood - Taking from two words, Bombay (the city now called Mumbai) and Hollywood. Bollywood is India’s largest film industry. This group fitness class is the dance form used in Indian films. Today’s Bollywood dance forms combines traditional Indian classical dance and Western dance styles. This class will activate major muscle groups of the arms legs and abs. It is filled with energy and expression which is very infectious and will only spread joy to all. This energizing routine will leave you feeling invigorated, sexy and with loads of confidence.
Mind – Body
- Yoga - focuses on mind-body connection while toning and stretching. Classes usually run for an hour in length. The JCC offers Yoga for Beginners, Intermediates and Advanced levels. Senior Chair Yoga and one-on-one personal training yoga is also offered.
- Pilates - Use the body’s own weight and resistance to create lean and strong muscles. As oppose to yoga where positions are held to obtain maximum flexibility and strength, Pilates contains more repetitions and a variety of toys to challenge certain body parts. BOSU, RINGS and BANDS can be add variety and resistance to mostly all exercised performed on the mat. We offer Mat Pilates 1 (for beginners) and Mat Pilates 2 (for intermediate/advance).
- Long and Lean - is a combination of Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi. This One hour Class is designed for all fitness levels. By using the principles of three martial arts, participants will feel stronger, leaner, and more powerful in their everyday lives. This is a great class to compliment any exercise program or intense training. Selective time slots are FREE to Basic Members.
- The Revive-Restore Method - is a simple self-massaging fitness program which reduces chronic pain and helps you stay healthy, youthful and active for life. New fitness research shows that a Balanced Nervous System and Healthy Connective Tissues equals a pain free life. Revive-Restore will teach participants an easy way to accomplish this by rolling a soft foam roller over areas of your body…thereby rehydrating connective tissue and allowing the body to release built up tension. This self-massage technique will help minimize or relieve participants of chronic join pain, join compression, high stress & anxiety, and it will also help with achieving better posture. Please wear comfortable fitness clothes/bare feet.
Spin - is a one hour indoor cycling class which takes the participants on a fitness journey of hills, flats, sprints, jumps, interval training and even pace rides. Spin simulates outdoor cycling to the upbeat sounds of music in a temperature and road controlled environment. The JCC offers many spin classes per week for different intensity and fitness levels. See our Group Fitness Schedule for more details. Our Thursday Night Spin Class (7pm) is FREE to all Basic Members, however space is limited. Please sign up prior to any spin class in our front office and receive your “ticket to ride” which will reserve a bike for you!
Les Mills SPRINT- This 30 minute class is a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) class. Fast paced, participants are pushed to their limits as they move through Sprints, Power and strength training – set to the beat of awesome music. SPRINT increases your lean muscle mass by improving muscle strength and endurance. It tones muscles, changes your body shape, increases you metabolism, and makes you stronger. Pregnant women are generally advised to reduce their exercise intensity. Therefore HIIT training is considered be contraindicated during pregnancy. A clearance should be obtained following pregnancy before undertaking any type of HIIT Training.
Aquatic Fitness – is offered Monday through Friday mornings in our indoor pool. Temperature of our indoor pool is between 82-84 degrees. Please see Group Fitness Schedule for appropriate time slots. Aquatic Fitness Special Packages available.
Aquatic Therapy Restore- a wonderful class to stretch and release tight muscles which can cause chronic pain or hindrance of everyday movements.
Aqua 5 to Revive- A cardio aqua class where participants use the principle of circuit training to achieve great fitness rewards.
Latin Aqua Fit-move through various water exercises to the beat of Latin music. Fun and functional workouts in the protective environment of the pool will tone your muscles and create a strong heart (cardio endurance).
- Water/Aqua Pump - uses bands and aquatic Dumbbells to sculpt your way to a great body while in the safety of the water. Full body exercises target the major muscles, abdominals and core for strength, balance and stability. Be prepared for a vigorous workout. Many level options are given in this class which will allow the beginner to advance to obtain a great workout.
- Wet-n-Fit - is an intermediate level class that uses barbells, noodles, gloves and paddles for extra resistance in both the shallow and deep ends of the pool. When you leave after this 60 minute class you will know you have had a great workout!
- Water Aerobics 1&2 - is an energetic aquatics class that works on cardiovascular fitness through movements. It is performed primarily in shallow water but there is opportunity to work your way to the deep end or at the very least to get your feet off the bottom in the shallow end. Water Aerobics 1 is ideal for those new to fitness/ Water Aerobics 2 is for the intermediate to advance fitness advocate.
Water Yoga- a 45 minute yoga class within the warmth and protective properties of the water. This class allows the participant to achieve a great stretch as well as tone overall body muscles.