Summer is a great time to be outdoors, grilling, listening to music and hanging out with friends.
In advance of our Elton John Tribute Band Concert on July 30, some of our JCC staff shared their own tailgate recipes. Enjoy and we hope to see you poolside, July 30!
Chicken Strips on grill:
- 1 lb, Chicken breasts
- Good Seasons Italian Dressing, 1 package of the dry mix
- Grapefruit juice
- Cut chicken breasts into srtips
- Follow recipe for Good Seasons Italian Dressing (one packet), EXCEPT Instead of using vinegar, use grapefruit juice as your acid
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing over night, or about 8 hours.
- Grill and enjoy…it is the best!!
- 16 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese original (2, 8 oz packages)
- 8 oz Frank's original hot sauce (not buffalo sauce)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Put cream cheese and Frank's in microwave until melty enough to mix together until lumps are pretty much out. (A few minutes)
- Add shredded cheese and chicken and mix in. (Or leave chicken out)
- Put in oven for about 30 minutes until sides get bubbly
Eat with celery, Tostito chips, or on salad
- 1 small bag of baby carrots shredded
- 1 small can crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
- 1 can of mandarin oranges drained
- ½ cups of chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup raisins ( Golden or Dark type) Optional to use craisins …or raisins and craisins
- Approximately ¼- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- Mix all ingredients together, minus the mayo.
- Then add Mayo, starting with ¼ cup of mayo, and add more I desired.
Serve immediately or chill and serve later.
One final recipe (because what's a tailgate without it?)
- 2 bottles Rosario wine
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- 1 bottle Cabernet
- 3 cans pear nectar
- 3 cans peach nectar
- 3/4 bottle orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup peach brandy
- 2/3 cup pear brandy
- 2/3 cup triple sec
- 1 1/4 cup brandy
- 3 large oranges cut to size
- 6 small or 4 large apples cut to size