Passover Sponge Cake
Passover Sponge Cake: Recipe courtesey of Ann Bernstein
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup of Potato Starch
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 whole lemon or orange, grated
- seperate 7 eggs(keep the yolks), beat the egs whites and refridgerate in a seperate bowls
- beat the 7 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs
- add sugar gradually and beat well
- add grated lemon or orange
- add potato starch
- fold in egg whites
Bake in an ungreased Tube Pan at 350º for 1 hour.
Take out of oven and invert pan immediately. Keep inverted until the cake is completely cooled.
Gently remove from the pan and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite Passover Recipe? We would love it if you shared it with us.