Posted by: Ken Kaus on Monday, March 18, 2013 at 1:15:00 pm
- 1 lb. UNPITTED DATES
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 -1/3 Cup Kosher Red Wine or Grape Juice
- Remove Dates from package and put into saucepan, separating the Dates. Add Water till it reaches up to 2/3 of the Dates. Push Dates down into the water with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil (do not use a high flame as it will scorch the dates) lower to a simmer and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Crush the dates with the back of a spoon and allow to cool.
- When dates are cool put them in a Food Processor or Blender. If you have none of this equipment use a Potato Masher and mash or process the dates till they are a paste consistency.
- Add the Cinnamon and Wine/Grape Juice, mixing till the paste has a consistency of a dip.
- You can add 1/4 cup of coarsely chopped Walnuts(can be eliminated If guests or family are allergic to nuts).
ENJOY!!! HAPPY PE&ACH!!