Fitness Center Inprovements
We recognize how important it is to keep our Fitness Center equipped with modern equipment and to provide you with an attractive environment for your workout. New equipment, enhanced technology and a more attractive Fitness Center are coming soon to serve you better! These improvements are a direct result of our Swim & Trim Capital Campaign. The Campaign is on-going and there will be more enhancements in the future. We want to thank all of our donors who have contributed to Swim & Trim enabling us to make these improvements.
We will be installing:
5 NEW Treadmills
- 4 NEW AMT's (Adaptive Motion Trainers)
- 4 NEW Ellipticals (three lower body and one total body)
New Treadmills and AMTs have the PREVIA Touch Screen System:
- Listen to your iPod (while it charges!)
- Access the internet
- Create an individualized, private workout file! You will have the capability to store workout information to help further you on your personal fitness journey. The PREVIA System also has a complete tutorial that demonstrates how to work the particular piece of equipment you are using!
- The ellipticals and upright/recumbent bikes will have personal TV monitors.
The Fitness Center is also getting a “Makeover”!
During the time we are installing the new equipment, the Fitness Center will be painted and the carpeting will be replaced with rubberized matting, providing a more comfortable workout surface.
So, when is this all happening?
The Fitness Center will close at 12 Noon on Monday, March 25. The JCC will close at 3pm on March 25 in observance of Passover and remains closed Tuesday, March 26 and Wednesday, March 27. We expect all of the work/enhancements to be completed during the time the JCC is closed and expect to reopen the Fitness Center on Thursday, March 28. In the event of any delay in the work, the grand reopening of the Fitness Center will be Friday, March 29. [If there is a delay, we will offer an expanded schedule of group fitness classes on Thursday, March 28 so that we can serve as many of our members as possible. More details will be made available in the event of the delay.] We will advise our members via e-blast, and information will be posted on our website and in the JCC.
Thank you for your cooperation while we improve our Fitness Center for YOU! If you have any questions, please contact Joy McIntyre, JCC Fitness Director at 908-725-6994 x226; JMcintyre@ssbjcc.org.